CANDLE CARE

Show Your Candles Some Love!!

PREVENTING THOSE MEMORY RINGS

Super important tip - The first burn is the most important! The candle needs to burn long enough for the entire top layer to liquefy, ideally do this every time you light the candle. If the wax is not allowed to liquefy and melt from edge to edge of the tumbler, it will create a “memory ring” especially if this is the first time the candle is lit and it will continue to burn that way for the rest of the life of the candle leaving a tunnel with un-melted wax all around which will shorten the burn life of the candle. 

GIVE YOUR WICK A REGULAR HAIR CUT

Keeping the wick trimmed helps your candle burn more efficiently. Always extinguish the flame before you trim, let the candle cool to room temperature and trim the wick to the length stated on the label at the bottom of the candle before re-lighting. We suggest trimming the wick after every 3 hours of burn time.

GOODBYES ARE HARD

The burn life is approx. 48 hours for our Cambridge style tumblers however this time can vary depending on how you burn them. If you have a candle that is too close to a draft, for example air-conditioning, it can affect the burn time, the same applies if you do not allow your candle to burn fully each time from edge to edge of the tumbler. Time to say goodbye to your much-loved candle when there is about ½ an inch (1.27cm) left of wax in the tumbler, this helps prevent any heat damage to the glass or surface it is on. 

KEEPING THOSE CRYSTALS

Some people like to take the larger crystals off before they burn the candle for the first time and some people like to leave them in there until the end, it is totally up to you. The crystals will disappear once the first burn has occurred with the wax almost burying them, they soon reappear again once the candle is lit and the wax liquefies.

 

Sometimes the wax may not melt around the very edges of your candle during the first burn, this is due to movement of the crystal chips; If this is the case, wait until your candle has been burning for about 3 hours and there is a large pool of wax, using a spoon and gently scrape down where the chips might be blocking the wax, continue to let your candle burn and the wax should continue to the edge of the tumbler. 

   

If you are removing them once the candle is nearing its end life, be sure to extinguish the flame first and then use either a silver spoon, tweezers or cutlery to carefully remove the crystal (and chips if you wish) this method works best when the wax is still liquid. Run the crystal under warm water to remove any excess wax (Your hands and crystal will smell amazing after this), allow the crystal to dry and then cleanse and charge before use (See cleansing and charging in our Crystal Care section of our website as some crystals should not be placed in water)

NOT TOO HOT AND NOT TOO COLD

Like Goldilocks, our candles need to be just at the right temperature.  Our candle wax and fragrance (and some crystals) are sensitive to both outside temperature and direct sunlight, so please be careful when storing your candles for an extended period.  If you need to store away, then please make sure it is a cool place out of direct sunlight.  Please make sure your candle is not left in extreme heat conditions (e.g. your car) as it will melt the wax.  The same applies for extreme cold, the candle wax may crack and separate.  If long exposure to the cold does occur, simply return to room temperature and wait for the candle to adjust (2-3 hours) before you burn to minimize any damage.

WARNING!

Before you light your candle, please read the warning sticker that is on the bottom of your candle tumbler, which reads: To prevent fire and serious injury: Burn candle within sight. Keep away from drafts and vibrations. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never burn candle on or near anything that can catch fire. 

 

Please adhere to those warnings as Ivy Rose Crystals & Candles cannot be held responsible if any damages may occur from incorrect use of the candle.

 

We have test burned all candle variants and have found that leaving the crystals inside is safe as per our burns. Although, if you feel uneasy about doing so just remove the crystals once the wax has slightly melted and burn the candle without it. Then you can replace the crystal once you have extinguished the flame. 

THANKYOU

Thank you for reading this essay, I promise you, it will be worth it in the end when you get to experience the best your candle has to offer! Thank you again for supporting our small business and we truly hope you enjoy the magic your beautiful candle has to offer xx Ivy Rose Crystals & Candles.